Sunday, October 30, 2011

Back to School with Osh Kosh

Sketches by: Marcus Hay
Sketches by: Marcus Hay
Photography: Marcus Hay
Photography: Marcus Hay
Photography: Marcus Hay


Photography: Marcus Hay

I had not worked on a Kids Catalog for some time, you know what they say “what ever you do try not to work with dogs or children”, but I have to say these kids were amazing! When the team at leading Children's ware brand Osh Kosh approached me to design the sets and prop style for the Fall Catalog I was excited. Being for the season Fall, naturally it was a back to school theme. Once again I found I needed to put on my “American” hat, I attended school in Australia and while there maybe some similarities, there are also many iconic American symbols of school that I did not grow up with! (Cheerleaders for instance!)

The kids ranged from Toddlers to 10 year olds. It was a 4-day shoot with a line up of kids at every hour; many of the kids were old timers, having been working for Osh Kosh amongst other Catalog clients for many years! The palette was bright, We had sets that included bleachers, lockers, school rooms amongst many others, I have to say I Iove working on Kid’s shoots, You really do get to explore your inner child when devising the scheme.     

You can see here my sketches from the set, plus some behind the scenes shots I took myself, There is also just a selection of the images shot here for the Catalog. Thanks to Empire Set Shop, empiresetshop.com for working with to create such inspiring sets, Thanks also to my wonderful Assistant's Don, Alyssa, Jill and LynLeigh for helping me on this very large shoot for very small people!    

2 comments:

  1. beautiful!! Absolutely stunning! And I love the sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Love it, looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete